Monday 9 April 2012

Polka Dots

For today's manicure I did a simple handmade manicure (you really don't need anything other than nail polish, dotting tools or toothpick or pins and a top coat). Yes there is a reason for such a simple manicure, someone made me realize how lazy I've become <= thanks' to stamping; actually that's not fully true, some comments made me realize not everyone has access to nail stamping so I should do some non-stamping designs too.

For this manicure I used Ancient Jade by Orly, a jade green cream color, as my base color. The formula for this is really good and as a result you really only need two coats. Swatch of Ancient Jade with flash:
 Without flash:

For this step I applied Black Satin by Rimmel London at an angel on the tips of my nail. Note: for this step you can apply tape to the bottom area of your nail if you like being more accurate. How it looked after I was done:

Using the biggest dotting tool end make polka dots with black nail polish (I used Black Satin by Rimmel London) on the area that doesn't have any black polish on it. How it looked after I was done :

Using a dotting tool end (that's 2 sizes smaller than the previous one) and Ancient Jade make dots inside your previously made dots. How it looked after I was done:

Using the smallest dotting tool end and black nail polish (I used Black Satin by Rimmel London) make dots inside your previously made dots (dots that you made using Ancient Jade). How it looked after I cleaned up and applied a top coat:
 Finial design using flash:

Hope you enjoyed my post for today. If you liked it or hated it let me know in the comment section below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...